Monday, April 30, 2012

The Bhagvad Gita - Chapter 15 - The Secret


Lord SriKrishna says this further: It is said that there is a banyan tree with its roots growing upwards and branches downwards, whose leaves are the Vedic hymns. One who knows this tree knows Vedas. The tree’s branches extends downwards and spread above as a result of the three modes of nature, and the twigs are the sense objects. The roots are bound to fruitive actions of the human society.

No one can really understand this tree. But one must cut down this strong tree with the weapon of detachment. And then one must seek higher places and surrender to the Supreme personality. Those who are free from pride, illusion and false attachment and they who are free from dualities attain the eternal kingdom.

The supreme abode of mine is not illumined by Sun, Moon or Fire. Those who reach it never return to the material world. The individual soul in this world is an eternal fragment of myself. Just as the wind carries the fragrance from one place to another, the living entity carries the soul from one body to another. The ignorant being does not understand this.

But the enlightened person can clearly see this. The radiance of the Sun, Moon and Fire have their source in me.  I’m seated in everyone’s hearts; knowledge, remembrance and forgetfulness all come through me. I alone can be known through the Vedas. I’m the compiler of the Vedanta and the knower of the Vedas.

In this world there are fallible and infallible people. The former are material beings while the latter are spiritual in nature. Besides this there is a higher reality called the supreme soul.  Because I’m transcendental , beyond both fallible and infallible, the world celebrates me as the supreme person. Whoever is not deluded knows this and engages in devotional service to me. I have taught you this secret and remember – whoever understands this becomes wise and all his/her endeavors will be perfect.

Wishes,

Guru30 

No comments: