Sunday, November 13, 2011

An encounter with God

I saw him that day. He was lying on a bed of roses, with an acknowledging smile. Then I started talking with him. Not through words, but thoughts. He had an amused look about him. Then I panicked as I did not know what to say to him. But the thoughts were profusely bleeding from the upper part of my skull. I tried to be coherent. But I just couldn’t.

In the meanwhile, I saw him give me a naughty smile as if saying to me, get a grip. Then tears started flowing from my eyes. I did not know what to say. All the while, his pithy eyes where looking at me with an expression that I really cannot express. He did not say a word, but his eyes said it all. I pinched myself. Was this a dream? No.

I could feel him now. His pain for a world where so many people live in throbbing anguish was evident to me. He asked me (literally) was there anything that I could do to relieve the situation? And I kept crying. That’s all I did. I was so much in awe and emotions kept getting the better of me. Finally I left the room and came back again just to see that he had vanished.

I was dumbstruck at the very thought that I had a brief encounter of the special kind. I kind of pulled myself together and was reminiscing what had happened. Suddenly a thought struck me. Maybe all of it was an illusion. Or maybe it wasn’t. Anyway I made a promise to myself that I would do my part. And I heard ‘Amen’ from up above.

This is one of those strange incidents that happened in my life.

Cheers,

Guru30

No comments: