Sunday, January 17, 2016

One World

File:Earth from Space.jpg

On this beautiful blue planet Earth, to which we all belong, there is abundance. The Universe (God) loves each one of us the same amount. He is the most gracious and most kind. In this and all the Universe(s) that have been created, God has blessed every creature with special skills. Unlike animals, which behave uniquely, we human beings sometimes behave as a lion or sometimes as a fox or some other times as a mouse. We are multi-talented. Some people still have a vague conception of God. God is infused into each and every little particle (no matter how small or how large) There is nothing here or anywhere else, that is devoid of Him. By the way, when I refer to God as Him, it doesn’t mean that He is a male. Use any gender for God that you may like. My belief that God is everywhere is sometimes called as Panpsychism (I hope I have spelled it right). In the great treatise, Shrimad Bhagvad Gita, Lord Krishna mentions that only 1% of his power sustains the whole Universe. So do we really have a faintest idea of what the rest 99% is being used for. In the great Koran, it’s said that no leaf moves without His permission. (Without the mighty Allah’s permission) – I think I read it in Koran or somewhere else.

Anyway, Why am I rattling you with all this preaching ? To tell you the truth, I’m a teacher and like to teach. Although I do not claim to be a great teacher, I have learnt some tricks. The reason why I’m sharing with you about God, is that, in this beautiful world that he has created, everything is positive. The miseries are not his creation. Our Sadhguru (Isha Foundation) mentions that in life we have 2 choices viz.
  • Choose to live in happiness – in the present moment
  • Choose to live in the past and future within our bundles of thoughts, emotions and other nonsense
Please forgive me if I have not exactly said the teachings, because I’m also a learner in this journey towards liberation. Like Sadhguru, we have many masters like Thich Nhat Hahn, Deepak Chopra, Rupert Spira, Eckhart Tolle etc.who have discovered the truth beyond the subjective truths. I have benefitted largely by reading them.

I’m sorry, still I have not come to the point. So here it is. Mother Earth has blessed us all with abundance. But still there is a disparity in the midst of abundance. This relates to money (Goddess Lakshmi) – in other words – fortune. Mother has blessed us all with different levels of abundance (be it spiritual, mental or material), but still when we deal with money, it can get quite complicated. Do you know that United States of America spends around 18% of their GDP (Gross Domestic Product) on Healthcare. Whereas in my country India the spend is about 4-5%. There are 300 million people living in the US and there are 1.2 billion people living in India. 4 times as much as that of US. Look at the state of healthcare. All across the world, in developed countries like the US, UK etc, they give paramount importance to Healthcare, Education and the basic needs (Roti, Kapada, Makaan – Food+Water, Clothes and Shelter). Developing countries are just scaling up. Do you know that US is the most generous country in terms of donations to charities? Of course everyone is shelling out their hard earned money, but it just doesn’t seem to be enough. The media coverage on different negatives happening all over the planet sometimes really upsets me. But I have realized that this is not because, the situation is negative, but I do not have the eyes to see the positive in it.

Coming to the Healthcare situation, which I have been researching recently, I find that there is still a huge gap between demand and supply. Technology is slowly filling this gap. There are technologies for Doctors, patients and the other people and entities in the value chain. But the latest cutting edge technologies is with my brothers and sisters of the developed countries. Let’s take the case of EMR (Electronic Medical Record) – the case history of a patient – his physiology right from birth to death. In India, I’m not sure how many doctors maintain that. The paper based records (that are being maintained) can get destroyed or can go missing. Which means the doctor does not have the patients history, which can hamper the doctor’s diagnoses.  In some countries the EMR is a statutory requirement. I do not know if that is compulsory, but technology can really help a doctor and a patient to maintain their data (pervasiveness) near to 100% reliability. By that I mean the patient’s medical history is in good hands. (the technology). The privacy of this data can be breached, but things are really getting tough for the hackers. (those acting unethicaly).

Trust – this is one word that does not have an end. It’s synonymous with love. I mean unconditional love, like the one that God showers on us. So before I forget, here’s my humble request to all of you :


  • Please know that we are all brothers and Sisters connected by an invisible web. So don’t fight.
  • Developed countries – Kindly share your technology with the lesser ones.
  • I did not cover this – but do you know where most of our spending goes – Yes, Defence. That’s a lot of money spent on killing others or defending oneself. Let’s go slow on this.


And finally,

May God bless us all (we are already blessed)

So wake up to that smell of Americano coffee (I love that black coffee) – 1 in the morning- and choose happiness for today.

You are extraordinary !


Guru30

No comments: